Monday, July 21, 2014

✿ Asian Impressions x ChocoKittieHK ✿ Plaid and Floral Summer Dresses ✿

Good Morning, Afternoon and Evening to all my Dearest ChocoBunnies!!~


I started my Instagram about two years ago and was blessed to have crossed paths there with one of the most influential figures in my life. That person is @asian_impressions, otherwise known as Teban, or to me, Mr. President :3 Teban does street fashion photography amongst other genres of photography, and has a mission to capture both inner and outer beauty in all his models. 

Prior to meeting Teban in person a year ago, I wasn't as confident in front of a camera. I used to only post selfies and never ever liked to take full body shots because I was insecure about the way I looked. After one magical photo session with him, I am now much more confident and self-accepting, and even quite eager to take outfit and fashion shots! 
Thank you so much Teban :)

Please take some time to visit Teban's Instagram, Flickr, and Facebook!! 
You can see his amazing work there!!


Here are photos from our meet up last week in Summer of 2014 in San Francisco

Of course, none of the photos have been altered except for a filter on top. 
Photo credits to Asian Impressions Photography. Do not use without permission.

Please excuse my hair, it was really windy that day.


Outfit Details:
Navy Blue and White Plaid Dress with crochet detailing: Japan
Crochet Knit Shawl/Cardian: Random Local Boutique
Fish-Tail Bracelet: 21 HM Boutique

Completely unedited & shot with a vintage Olympus film camera & expired film.
Completely unedited & shot with a vintage film camera & expired film.
I really love the way the expired film and vintage camera combo worked out. The pictures look so vintage and bring about a feeling of sweet nostalgia.

 




These last photos were taken in San Francisco's historic Chinatown right at the Dragon Gate. 
I grew up frequenting this Chinatown with my mom and grandparents, and still go here when I can even though now I am always away from home for university.

When I was younger, coming here used to be a burden. Now I find it addicting and extremely fascinating. That's why I am so happy that I was able to shoot here with Teban. 




This is probably one of my favorite shots from Teban that day.

If you take a close look, you'll notice the displaced hairs and the detaching eyelash. These two are products from a long day in San Francisco's windy weather, trekking up and down hills and finding our way into nooks and crannies. Perfection is what we strive for, but it's our imperfections that show our hard work & character.

Thank you so much time and time again, Teban, for showing us true beauty and allowing us to find it within ourselves. xoxo.
 

Dress: Local Boutique
Floral Crown: Me ♡ DIY

Would you like to see a tutorial on how to make a floral crown/floral halo?
Let me know below :] 

xoxoxo, Cindy⭐︎☽


✿ Hope you enjoyed my post & photos!! If you did, don't forget to follow with your social networking accounts to see updates and new posts!! :3 ✿ 


InstagramTwitterBlogLovinGFCGoogle+Facebook

16 comments:

  1. Aww Cindy you look so gorgeous in this photoshoot!! I especially love the floral outfit, the floral crown really suits you ^_^ (btw did you make it *_* ) I'm glad you're more confident to take full body shots now because seriously you look so good :))

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea FerneliusJuly 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM

    Oh my goodness, adorable outfits, adorable hair, adorable everything! I love the vintage photos! I love your posts, and I hope you keep posting lots more <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my you looks so pretty ♥♥ I love the last photo as well you look so soo pretty *-* The floral crown looks super lovely on you ^-~

    Mindy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW FIFI you are so sweet!! Thank you so much!! I'm glad too because now I really enjoy taking photos of my outfit :P


    And yes!! I did make it :D It was really fun!! I'm thinking about doing a tutorial post on how to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so so so much Chelsea! It's always so nice to hear feedback from my readers! I hope you stay tuned to see more future posts :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Mindy!! I'm glad you like it too!! Thanks for the love <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg you so cute like a doll
    love your outfit also

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Windi!!! You're so sweet <3 I'm glad you liked them :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so gorgeous dear, loving your looks from head to toe,

    especially your flower crown :)

    Http://LinaParamita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dresses :3 And the flower crown is really nice! :D
    So pretty (>w<)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gurrll, your hair is still beautiful in the wind!!! ^^ Anyways, Teban's photos are amazing~~! I need to go follow. Sounds like I need a session to boost my confident a little, I too am afraid to show full body shots of myself. ;( Cindy <3 <3 <3 you are so beautifully adorable!!! Loving the two outfits especially the floral dress and flora crown!!! The old expire film photos gives off a vintage looking!! Please do a tutorial for the flora crown!!! I like the picture with you holding out your hand with a sweet smile like introducing us to the city. Oooh, I really like the "perfection and imperfection" line, so meaningful! Perfect post! <3 from Chuonie

    ReplyDelete
  12. These outfits look so adorable! Great post, I'm so glad I discovered your blog :) new follower x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw thank you so so so much Alexandra!!!~ <3 You're so sweet!! I'm glad you like the outfits :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Lina!!~ I'm so glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Mimie!! You're so sweet!!
    I'm glad you like the crown! I put in some effort to make it :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. CHUONIIIIIE Awww thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you like Teban's work!! I highly encourage following him--he has such beautiful fashion shots from around the world!!


    You're always so sweet!! Thank you!! Love love you <3

    ReplyDelete

✿ My Dearest ChocoBons ✿

How I love to hear from you!! Please leave me a comment with your thoughts on this post :3 and remember to leave a link to your blog so I can visit you too! ♡