Saturday, February 1, 2014

☁︎ EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Lip Balms [Review] ☁︎

Happy February my Lovely Bunnies ❉


Today I'm doing a review on the EOS lip balms that have already been out since forever, but I never really got into them until recently. 

I was at Costco with hubby and we were buying groceries and house-necessities when I passed by a display of the 5-pack EOS lip balms. I glanced at them and said to him, "Hubby, I remember using this a few years ago and I really didn't think they were all that." He picked it up and that's when I saw something I never realized before: 100% Natural, 95% Organic

It's a little dangerous to assume that just because it's 95% Organic, that it must be a good product. But I purchased them because I wanted to give them another try. I already have a go-to favorite for lip balms (Philosophy Pink Almond Candy Lip Balm) but the price for this was too good to pass up (and I was curious about the whole natural and organic thing).


The front of the packaging says: "lip balm with shea butter and jojoba oil for happy, moist, super-smooth lips. 100% natural 95% organic"

The back of the packaging says: "Can a lip balm make you smile? We think so. That's why we invented this one. EOS lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, EOS keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

Directions: Twist off top. Pucker up. Smooth on. Smile." 

Then it proceeds to list the ingredients of each flavor. 


The description on the back is so well-written >//3//< It makes the product seem so amazing!! And the packaging was really one of a kind and so cute! I love the colors they chose for them! They remind me of Easter Eggs, hehe.


The 5 pack comes with Passion Fruit (lavender), Sweet Mint (baby blue), Strawberry Sorbet (pink), Summer Fruit (red), and Honeysuckle Honeydew (green). I've tried the Strawberry Sorbet in the past and I didn't recall it being all that effective (because my lips are VERY hard to deal with, especially in winter).


Definitely looks like colorful easter eggs here :]


However, one really good thing about these lippies are that the scents are out of this world!!
When I opened them up for these two shots, I was hit by so many sweet and yummy smells!!~
Great for you ladies & gentlemen who love delicious smelling lip balms ^////^


I've only tried the Strawberry one.. but I'm excited to try the rest :D

I used the sweet mint one and I'm going to give the EOS lip balms 3.75/5 ☆ because although I love the smell, it just isn't able to compare to the Philosophy Pink Almond Candy. My philosophy lippie glides on so smoothly and is VERY moisturizing and long lasting while also giving a soft pink sheen (and I actually like the sweet scent more as well). The EOS balm, while also pretty moisturizing, just isn't able to compare. I find myself having to reapply a lot more throughout the day. Also, the EOS leaves your lips with a very light feeling (as if there's not really much product on your lips) while the Philosophy has a more glossy feeling. That's really up to your own preference. 

However, you have to look at the prices. I got all 5 of the EOS for a little under $15 while the Philosophy Pink Almond Candy lippie cost over $12. 

Have you used the EOS balms or Philosophy Pink Almond Candy? What do you think about them? ^_^

40 comments:

  1. Ohh thats cool, i didn't know you could get a pack of 5 eos lip balms!!
    The colours are really pretty and i agree, these lip balms aren't that moisurising, but the scents are amazing so it makes up for it i guess ;P
    I have the summer fruit one and omg it smells so good hehe!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fifi!!~ And yeah!!! I guess they worked very hard on the scent XD Hehehe it's such a value when purchased in packages :] Costco if you have one near you!!

      Delete
  2. Aww these are so cute!!!! <3 i"d really like to try the Passion fruit one~
    Your blog is amazing, would you like to follow each other maybe?
    I followed you & im looking forward to your next posts :3

    http://frozen-mammoth.blogspot.com
    Stella~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stella!!~ I'm trying my best :P

      I'd love to follow you!~ You're such a sweetie :]

      Delete
  3. I want to try them! x) they look really cute!

    macabrefledgling.blogspot.cz
    ✿ Rinako ✿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rinako!!~ They really do look absolutely adorable!! Hehehe ^ ^

      Delete
  4. They look so cute!! I really want to try the strawberry sorbet one~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH it's so sweet!!~ You'll love how it smells :] Thank you Mary!~

      Delete
  5. My sweetie kittie!!!! I have two, (i forgot what they are called) but it's the corally red one and a honeydew green one! They do smell amazing.. but it's such a gimmick because we do purchase lip products to.. *surprise surprise* moisturize our lips! Hahahaha not for like, lip-licking-perfume or something. Not very impressed with these balms, loving my carmex one though! (still smells like chinese muscle pain ointment but super effective!) I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE POSTS OMG!!!

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Etude House My Blooming Lips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS BUNNIE <3 Yeah they're pretty ineffective when it comes to moisturizing :/ It's annoying to reapply so often. I think for every 3 applications of the EOS I apply once of the Philosophy.

      I remember using Carmex in middle school!!~ But I kept losing my small things like lip balms at the time. LOL @ "still smells like chinese muscle pain ointment but super effective!" XD You're so so so cute Bunnie!! Thanks for always supporting me :3 LOVE YOU ✿

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for this review!! I think the EOS lip balms have such a cute shape and packaging =^w^= I only tried one of them before and I feel the same way about them :0~ The colors are super nice, though - as well as the smell!
    Would you be interested in following each other's blogs maybe? :3
    -Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Kiyomi, I'm glad you liked my post!! I'm so glad to be friends :D I will follow you!! Looking forward to seeing more of you :3

      Delete
    2. Kiyomi cutie, I'm not sure how to follow your blog, dear :O

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the revie! ^__^
    I'm such a lip balm addict and I just love the cute packages these come in <3

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you're welcome Saija :3
      I'm glad you liked it!! <3 Thank you!!

      Delete
  8. Love these! :D I have tried the green one and now I have the red.. I want to get this pack of 5 too.. Hmm.. Which color do you lke the most? :)
    Also, I will really appreciate it if you could stop by my blog and let me know what you think :) If you like, we can maybe follow each other! <3
    xoxo
    http://officialmakeupandartfreak.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah no problem Tina!!~ I think I like the Sweet Mint and Strawberry Sorbet the most :D They're so yummy and sweet. I'll definitely stop by your blog!! <3

      Delete
  9. you got the eos lip balms for cheap! wish the costco in australia stocked it haha.

    ♥ M&L
    Enter our Bloggiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so cheap!!~ I was shocked :D haha aww, that's too bad!
      I hear everything in AU is a bit more expensive, high cost of living! hehe. But you guys have the most wonderful weather and accents :3

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping by!!! ^_^ You actually can't follow me on GFC because it's a new blog and they don't have GFC anymore :( Only older blogs.. But you can follow via BlogLovin' :) Or Facebook, or RSS :)) I have followed you via GFC dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHH I SEE :0 Oh my gosh, I will follow you on BlogLovin then sweetie!! :)

      Delete
  11. lovely

    you have a nice blog ,maybe we can follow each other ?
    let me know
    xo

    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Devs :D Yeah let's be friends!! I'm so glad you like my blog :)

      Delete
  12. Nice post!, You want us to follow? Please let me know in the blog. Kisses.
    http://prettytendency.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! I'd love to be friends!! :D Love your style :3

      Delete
  13. awesome! I like your blog ❤
    I would be happy if we could follow each other??
    Let me know :)

    http://anngrigorieva.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann!! Would love to be friends!!

      Delete
  14. Hi!! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! If you're not sure what it's all about, I talk about it here:
    http://cookie--crumbles.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Olivia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia!!~ Thanks so much!! I'll look into it soooon :D So sweet of you!

      Delete
  15. !!! I have this lipbalm in the summer fruit one and omg it smells divineee..btw cute blog header!
    Would you like to follow for a follow? :)

    zxuantan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xuan! Smells sooooo good right?! Thank you!!!


      I'd love to be friends!! :D

      Delete
  16. They are so cute! I would like to try them sometime! Your blog is really adorable! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Facebook or bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie!! You should give them a try if you'd like! Very sweet smelling :] Hope your lips aren't as dry as mine hahahaha. Thank you very much and I'd love to be your friend on GFC and BlogLovin!!

      Delete
  17. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (33), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy!! Thanks sooooo much for your compliments!! I would love to follow you, but I don't see your GFC dear? I will follow you via BlogLovin :]

      Delete
  18. you look cute!
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    greetings from Hong Kong :)

    www.basic-classic.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/basicclassic
    www.instagram.com/Andianti_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ajeng, thank you so much for visiting my blog!!
      I would love to be friends!! :D

      Xoxoxo from US :3

      Delete
  19. Hey there! :) I have the red one and it smelllss really nice. It's like the best moisturizing balm for me for now. I'm so wanting to try the other color ones too! Thanks for the review! :D

    <3 from Chuonie

    chuonie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking your time to always read my posts Chuonie!!~ You're the sweetest!!! :3 I'm glad you like this balm!!

      Delete
  20. I realized I can't use anything too moisturizing because it leaves my lips feeling weird and the skin gets too soft and it peels on its own, but anything not moisturizing enough they become chapped. -_- EOS is okay for me, but I can only apply it once or twice a day, any more than that and it's too much. I've gone through loads of lip balms -_-

    ReplyDelete

✿ My Dearest ChocoBons ✿

How I love to hear from you!! Please leave me a comment with your thoughts on this post :3 and remember to leave a link to your blog so I can visit you too! ♡